Hello from W4
I know most of you lovely lot know me already but I’ve had a flurry of lovely new followers lately so here’s an appreciative ‘Hi! 👋🏻’ to all of them. In case you don’t know, here are a few facts about me (feel free to leave at this point, I won’t be offended):
- I’ve been a journalist for 25 years, cutting my teeth @portsmouth_newsbefore working on national newspapers including @thesun and various mags
- I’m an author. Shelfie came out in 2018 and my tidiness book in 2019. I also co-wrote a book about sugar with celeb trainer Nicki Waterman in 2004
- I penned a chapter for @penguinukbooks @mindcharityanthology ‘Dear Stranger’ published 2015 after being shortlisted for an award for my other blog MentalHealthWise.com (like many, I’ve had my own mental health journey)
- As well as articles, I write people’s websites and Instagram captions (want me to write yours? Get in touch). I love writing. In fact, I can’t NOT write. I write to live but I also live to write
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE colour: always have done. Colour makes me happy. A life without colour is unthinkable
- I see The Colour File as a space to celebrate colour in all its guises, whether it’s in interiors, book covers, street art or anywhere else
- I have one son, known on here as second-in-command (SIC), who is the centre of my universe and the inspiration for so much that I do. He is also prrrroper funny
- Colour File HQ (which sounds posh but it’s actually my home) is where I experiment with colour (largely by painting walls, doing shelfies and shifting furniture around)
- We recently acquired two kittens, which is why I am holding fake flowers in this pic: they seem to love pulling blooms out of vases so this is a cunning countermeasure. Let’s see if it works….
Anything else you’d like to know? Or maybe you’d like to work with me in some way? Whatever it is, get in touch.
Martha, The Colour File x